James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Might you be the girl from "You're... Expand / Collapse
Author
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:56
Life is full of missed moments ,and what might have been's.

Seen the film Sliding doors ?

Have only been on the tube a handful of times. Everyone looks at the floor , like they are scared to make eye contact. I did catch a woman admiring my groovy multicoloured boots once. When her eyes met mine and I smiled ,she instantly looked back to the floor.

Strange people these city folks !

;-)
Post #11313
Posted 28 February 2009 01:54
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:58
Yes, I know I am. Even though I am a guy, he wrote that song for me.
Post #11314
Posted 28 February 2009 06:44

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 29 November 2018 00:25
Julie, I like your tiny little story.
Post #11315
Posted 28 February 2009 07:59
Supreme Being

I'm like a fish out of water when I go to London. Have that ever present feeling that I shouldn't be there amongst so many faces I don't know , who react strangely when smiled at.

The relief falls on me as the train leaves all the grey dirty run down, some condemned homes behind ,as Waterloo disappears from sight .

Then the splashes of green grow and grow as far as the eye can see , and the anxiety stops, as I know I'm on my way to seeing faces I know , who know me.

A bit bigger story for you MSF -Fan ;-)
Post #11316
Posted 07 March 2009 06:13

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 October 2013 18:11
I do not know who the song is written about.
Probably because it's none of my business.

I just sit down and listen to the words and the melody.
I might even be caught smiling while one special song happens to pass my ear.

Fairly frequently it turns out to be a James Blunt song.

Have a nice day you all!
/KT
Post #11317
Posted 21 March 2009 23:32
Supreme Being

Last Login: 13 March 2011 04:55
True story that I have never told anyone before: I was in Berlin in May of 2004 on graduate school studies. It was about 7am and I was on the tube with my friend Patrick. We were on our way to meet our professor for an architectural tour of the city when bunch of rowdy, drunken, English boys got on the train. They were obviously just heading home from the night before. One of them really caught my eye when he walked by. The train was really crowded and so they went into the next car. Evidently, the next cab was full as well, and so the hot one came back into my cab. He squished in between some people in the seat across from me. He smelled like a Jack Daniels factory and he also looked high. I was afraid that he might vomit or pass out on the train before he made it to wherever he was going. I also thought that he was way too hot for words. I smiled at him and sort of chuckled a little. I had to struggle not to roll on the floor in laughter at the thought of what a big nerd I was and that this random, hot, English boy was having a lot more fun in Berlin than I was... He smiled back at me and I was going to say something, but I had a Molly Ringwold moment. As I got off the train, I looked back at him and thought, "I will never see this guy again and I wish I had said something." I also thought, "Did he think I was cute too and will he remember the random American girl who smiled at him on the train in Berlin?"
Post #11318
Posted 24 March 2009 00:01
Supreme Being

Tele, I like your story too. Maybe Blunty secretly goes around the world smiling at girls on trains and it is really every girl who has a Blunty train story. I think the interesting part about the song is that seeing someone and wishing you said something is such a universal experience. I am about 99.9% certain that mine wasn't really Blunty but I like the not knowing who the song is really about. It would ruin the mystery. This way, we all have our own little private "what if" moments in life. I would like to know if my guy thought I was cute too though... Oh well, life goes on and we all have Blunty's music.
Post #11319
Posted 28 March 2009 19:38
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 10 April 2011 21:19
you know what...
everyone wants to be the girl that inspired your beautiful... not me
thats his moment with his girl of that very instance...
it's theres!! can't take it away...
but you can create..!!
yay! i wish to create new instances... and being the inspiration for new lyrics, new passions and new loves...
Post #11320
Posted 30 March 2009 03:16
Supreme Being

You misunderstand me, Melissa. I don't want to be that girl... I wish I hadn't shared my story just for that reason. I didn't say that I think I am that girl. I just think that the song is interesting beause the story is so universal. I had a moment just like the one in the song and I will never know who the guy was... I just wish I did. Supposedly, YB is about an ex, not a random girl, so at least Blunty knows who his girl was. I will always wish I had said something instead of just sitting there not saying anything like Molly Ringwold when Jake Ryan said hello to her at the dance.
Post #11321
Posted 01 April 2009 17:18
Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Nice story, John's Bird!
Post #11322
Posted 10 April 2009 23:49
Supreme Being

Thanks, Russian Girl. I think Tele's is nice too!
Post #11323
Posted 13 June 2009 03:48
Forum Newbie

100 percent yes not a doubt in my mind.
Post #11324
Posted 05 July 2009 03:29
Forum Newbie

Wow, I enjoyed reading all the stories.

Thanks,
Felicia
Post #11325
Posted 02 April 2014 19:37

Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: 08 July 2015 13:37
I do, lol, xx .

Hello My name is Christina, just to let you know, i remember that look well in the subway, the man i was with is Graham Rye ,007magazine editor and publisher..... I was wearing a black leather suit and yes i was high too which is why i loved that moment..lol..xx
Post #250707
Posted 02 April 2014 19:44

Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

it was erm MOI... lol..omg.. how many times now, look dont believe me, come say hello, Graham is the editor of 007magazine, My name is Christina Page-Smith , 6 New Street,Kent Uk...James get yo arse over here.xx come ave a cuppa tea.xx.Bring yo bike with you.xx we could go along the a259.xx, it didnt bother and still doesnt bother me who you are, you aint no different than me, except sexy male version..lol..xx. 07984634356 . London underground .i was goin down u was goin up.xx

Hello My name is Christina, just to let you know, i remember that look well in the subway, the man i was with is Graham Rye ,007magazine editor and publisher..... I was wearing a black leather suit and yes i was high too which is why i loved that moment..lol..xx
Post #250708
Posted 02 April 2014 19:45

Forum Member

HEEEELLLOOOO.X

Post #250709
Posted 03 March 2016 18:12

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 July 2018 21:42
I would like to read the other stories from the old forum.

I can just imagine young James in the tubes smiling at girls. So maybe not just one but a legion of women out there with similar stories, and they're ALL true. That would be absolutely epic !! All these women feeling beautiful because of James. Give yourself a pad on the back buddy, good job.

Post #275542
Prev Topic | Next Topic

All times are GMT, Time now is 9:50am