James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Might you be the girl from "You're... Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:57
Did you see a man on the subway while you were with a boyfriend... And you couldn't help looking at him as he was looking back at you?
Well lets here your story..
Mine:
I was in Boston waiting for the T
I saw a man talking to a girl selling CD's
Then he looked at me and it seemed like we couldn't stop staring at each other... i got on the T and he watched me leave just a bit away from the window.... I would have spoken to him, I sometimes wish i did. I don't know it was him but when i saw that music video and heard that song for the first time i thought of that subway... I just cant get it out of my head.
Post #11283
Posted 30 September 2007 12:58

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

I remembered the eyes and it was two guys standing and I was on my way to a concert or a baseball game. And I was close enough I think that if the subway train had hit a bump we may have landed into each other. But his eyes were so pretty and BLOODSHOT. I thought this guy must really be drunk,high or both it was funny. lol
Post #11284
Posted 30 September 2007 13:11

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

This song that James did was actually meant for his ex who'm he had seen on the subway and every word just popped into his head for Your'e Beautiful. That is one of the jobs of a singer/songwriter though. To be able to get acrooss some kind of feeling of relation with his/her listeners.
Post #11285
Posted 03 October 2007 01:38
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

while taking a bus not the subway in canada
Post #11286
Posted 05 October 2007 14:58
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:54
not a chance- the only underground place of transportation I've ever been is zillions of miles from London.
Post #11287
Posted 14 October 2007 20:48
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: 16 December 2010 23:03
I was in staying in London in January 2002 with my boyfriend, we were staying in a hotel just opposite Buckingham Palace.

I was on a tube train, standin at the back of the carriage, wearing a red coat, infront of me to the left was my boyfriend, infront of me to the right was a grungy looking bloke, long hair, converse allstar type sneakers, he was staring at me really intensely, I kept looking up at him, he was still looking at me.

I got off the train, turned to my left as I was getting off the train and he was looking at me and smiling, I wouldn't say that I fancied him or fell in love, more the feeling that I wanted to know him, he made me smile, we laughed at each other and gave each other a smile goodbye.

I am sure this was him, although not convinced I am "Beautiful" I do scrub up pretty well!!
Post #11288
Posted 22 October 2007 16:08
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Read the above post and tell me why nobody believes me?

My family and friends think I am a self adoring crank, well maybe not a crank but they have definately been taking the p**s out of me since word got out about my brief encounter with Mr J Blunt.

Now all of you Blunt fans probably think, "Oh we've got another deluded silly cow here", but, I swear I am absolutely telling the truth! I would bet my Mini Cooper on it, and I love my car more than my kids!!

Why does no-one believe me??

Anyway got to go and cook the dinner now, back to my normal existenence.
But I have my memories........... LOL.
Post #11289
Posted 22 October 2007 16:13
Forum Member

Ps Mr B doesn't always say that it was his ex-girlfriend when asked, infact in one interview he gave after Glastonbury or some festival he ended it with "well that's the story anyway"

Pps I totally adore my husband and fancy the pants off him, so Mr B you can keep you're ex story you old fibber.!!

TTFN
Post #11290
Posted 22 October 2007 17:06
Supreme Being

Last Login: 27 October 2011 21:34
redcoatjan....or are you lady jennie?

I don't read anywhere that nobody believes you, but sadly I have to tell you that you aren't the first to come on and claim you were the 'one'.

If I had a dollar....

Best thing is if that was your moment...perhaps keeping it private is the best option. Enjoy the memories in your mind.

Cheers
Post #11291
Posted 22 October 2007 23:01
Forum Member

Hi Jerroncase, sorry but I haven't a clue who Lady Jennie is??

And yes I knew there would be someone with the old "if I had a $ for every girl who thinks ......." but really I did see him.

Someone tell me when the song was originally written??

Well I have told you all and it is up to you whether you believe, but only I know and he knows who the song is about..... (I do sound a bit cranky don't I)????

Ps Jeronncase, I have many memories that I like to keep to myself this not being one of them, well would you? if you where sure that you had met him, albeit quite a long time ago?
Post #11292
Posted 22 October 2007 23:05
Supreme Being

Yes, I would. I have my own memories of moments, even with your boy, James.....and I keep them to myself. Once I share them, they don't belong to me anymore.

You actually don't sound cranky at all, not to me anyway. I just wanted to be honest with you about why you might not be getting the response you were thinking you might.

It's likely a combination of skepticism, (because we've heard from others before that they were the one) and respect for James, because we've learned through this website and numerous interviews how important it is that his personal life stay private, particularly when it comes to the inspiration for his songs.

I'm glad you have such cherishable memories....I imagine they put a smile on your face everytime you think of them.
Post #11293
Posted 22 October 2007 23:47
Forum Member

Jeronncase, the memories I hold dear to me are of my most personal feelings and of people that I hold most dear to me.

The memory I have of meeting a stranger on the tube was not of someone dear to me, yes he did make me wobble (you know, when your belly flips and you go a bit, well, wobbly)!! I was thinking about him all afternoon, all evening and probably on and off for the next couple of days but it was not a deep feeling that I would want to keep dear to me, I have never forgotten this meeting though, so something must have registered, when I originally heard the song I really believed it was an american who had met someone on the "Subway" and remembered about the bloke I had met on the Tube and how alike the song was to my meeting, I probably will never find out, so I suppose it is a nice little thought to keep with me!! - and anyone else who might be reading this.

(Ps I used to have quite alot of moments like this with blokes, someone told me it was my eyes - apparantely they look soulfull) I can only remember them being slightly dazed from never gettting enough sleep and drinking/whatevering too much the night before!

(I really don't love myself)!!

Anway, this is the last I will post on the subject! Nice chatting to you Jeronncase, I must go to bed I can't believe it is nearly 1.00am, I am taking the kids to a theme park tomorrow!!
Post #11294
Posted 23 October 2007 01:10
Supreme Being

Well...at least you've got the eyes. I've got a receding hairline and a beer belly.

Your story does sound lovely and perhaps someday you'll get a chance to find out for sure what really happened.
Post #11295
Posted 23 October 2007 01:24
Supreme Being

Last Login: 19 May 2018 10:07
aww....fear not jeronncase....

there is alway rogaine! besides, it's what's on the inside that makes a person beautiful, right?...

don't we all want "a moment" to share with james?
Post #11296
Posted 23 October 2007 01:34

Supreme Being

Last Login: 06 December 2018 08:10
In answer to your question, redcoatjan, jeronncase is correct. I've been on the boards for a little over 2 years, and at least 30 people have come here to claim they are "the one." Since we aren't really a very hurtful bunch here, we tend to just not respond to such posts; while I have no doubt your story is true, frankly there is considerably less evidence that the story James tells about the song is the real story.

I've had the opportunity to read a great deal over the past 2 years, and there have been some pretty strong suggestions that You're Beautiful was written somewhere around 2000 or 2001. James has told many different stories about this song - I've counted at least five - and other people who have "insider" knowledge have thrown in more information as well. We don't know what parts of the song are true to the event and what parts were added to make a good song - but at the end of the day, it is a song and may or may not be anywhere near an accurate rendering of an event in James' life.
Post #11297
Posted 23 October 2007 10:22
Supreme Being

Last Login: Today @ 17:10
Given that James stood guard around the Queen Mothers coffin in April 2002 wouldn't he have been less "grungy looking bloke" and more soldier around this time??!!! Just a thought...!!!!!!!

For what it's worth, I think James is telling the truth about this one - although I'm not sure about the "and I've never seen her since" bit!!

Never been convinced 'High' was about watching the sunrise though!!
Post #11298
Posted 25 October 2007 23:24
Supreme Being

maybie the word underground stands for something else?the apartment under neath
Post #11299
Posted 27 October 2007 18:38
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

But Ever since i was a baby Tele has been my nickname
Take a look at this
I came accross it accidentally recently

my life is brilian T
my life is pur E
i saw an ange L
of this im sur E

The thing that bothers me so much is that befor the song came out ( when my incident happened ) i never knew "james Blunt" existed... and after it did, ive been trying to forget about it... but it's hard when you fall in love with a song like that. I just wish i knew...
And if it didn't look like him then at least i would know that there was no way of finding that guy
Post #11300
Posted 28 October 2007 00:37
Supreme Being

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:55
oh my goodness tele! how cool! those are my fav lines of the song too
Post #11301
Posted 06 November 2007 13:02
Supreme Being

Last Login: 19 December 2010 22:36
the girl in yb is dixie chassay his exfiance
she got married recently........
poor james.....
Post #11302
Posted 27 November 2007 05:19
Supreme Being

i would so love to be the girl from "you're beautiful"
Post #11303
Posted 25 May 2008 13:48
Supreme Being

too bad james just would fess up and let the cat out of the bag on this one.that way the real one will know that shes the real one whoever she may be
Post #11304
Posted 25 May 2008 14:55

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 17:59
Oh i think she knows who she is, i know i would, and yes i think it was about Dixie anyway

It's not really about Dixie it's about me!!!!! Yeah ok i'll dream on!! Sigh xx

x
Post #11305
Posted 25 May 2008 21:35
Supreme Being

Last Login: 21 March 2013 10:56
Ive never been on a bus tram or train. I live an exciting life hey lol
Post #11306
Posted 26 May 2008 08:55
Supreme Being

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:56
I'm happy to say I have only had the subway experience three times ,and I wonder how people catch anyones eyes , when all they do is look downwards. Either at someones feet, their own feet or stuck in a book!
Post #11307
Posted 26 May 2008 11:39

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 April 2011 23:12
I had a strange tube experience about a year ago... Myself and a friend were sitting opposite this strange guy who kept playing with a long uninflated rubber balloon, he kept tearing it into little pieces and tying knots into it, and giving us strange looks... very odd! So we both decided that looking in another direction (avoiding eye contact with the fruity-loop) was the best thing to do!

There are some nutty people about, so I'm guessing that's why a lot of people avoid eye contact... Quite sad really.
Post #11308
Posted 26 May 2008 22:03

Supreme Being

Last Login: 11 May 2014 01:49
Of course I'm her...... every night in my dreams!!!
Post #11309
Posted 27 May 2008 16:28
Supreme Being

Last Login: 02 March 2016 07:51
The songs You're Beautiful and Goodbye My lover, are they about the same girl or two different girls?
Post #11310
Posted 27 May 2008 16:50

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 17:59
I do believe they are about the same girl lb. I wonder if she is kicking herself now? xx
Post #11311
Posted 26 February 2009 23:27
Forum Member

Yes I do think I met James on the tube........................
Post #11312
Prev Topic | Next Topic

All times are GMT, Time now is 7:38pm