James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Rare Blunt Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 17 June 2017 15:53
Hmmm..... I hope also you are not abnormal!!

I am sure we have all been sitting there looking at collections for many hours, I am sure the daily ritual will wear off at some point! BUT there is more stuff on the way so be prepared for more suprises and an ever growing collection!!

Post #261269
Posted 24 December 2014 20:58

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 05 August 2018 12:07
ICollectJB - My daily ritual still hasn't worn off Doubt its going to!!! Hope now you still think Im not abnormal!!!!! I absolutely LOVE my new Collection!! And whilst I can type!!! ..... THANK YOU SO MUCH for this amazing gift and for welcoming me into this Collecting world You are the only one who welcomed me and YOU are the most important person to welcome me!!!! So all is good for me xxxx
Post #261332
Posted 26 December 2014 08:06

Supreme Being

Thank you and with parcel number 2 safely at your house, you are in for another crazy time adding to your collection! XxXxXxX
Post #261380
Posted 28 December 2014 17:57

Supreme Being

ICollectJB- THANK YOU so much for my parcel. I am really looking forward to opening it, it will be such a tonic for me when recovering. You are so thoughtful and very kind. Such a lovely thought and I'm very touched that you want me to have this parcel. Thank you for thinking of me and wanting a speedy recovery for me, your best wishes for me and the thoughtfulness of this parcel, sure will boost my recovery
Post #261415
Posted 10 June 2015 17:53
Supreme Being

Last Login: 02 March 2016 07:51
Have Back to Bedlam promo (clean Album) to add to my collection. Not see this album for sale before, can't be many around.
Post #267992
Posted 24 March 2017 19:11

Supreme Being

So today has seen the delivery of the afterlove LP, no sign of signed CD's yet, I have also ordered Japanese and Taiwanese pressings of the album, just to keep a certain collection up to date!
Post #282281
Posted 28 March 2017 12:47

Supreme Being

Very pleased to add a very rare item to my collection, it accompanies the very rare 2003 sampler of pre-signed James Blunt. Very good what I can only think are demo versions of tracks albeit recorded in proper studio settings:

Wise Man
Your Dancing Days Are Over
Sugar Coated
Goodbye My Lover
You're Beautiful
No Bravery
Cry
Butterfly

these are pre-B2B recordings and has highlighted to me the genius of James, prior to his massive success, they are beautiful arrangements and he sounds fantastic. Your Dancing Days Are Over is one of James' finest tracks I have heard, Goodbye My Lover starts with a Synth and No Bravery has a wonderful keyboard introduction with much fuller piano throughout the song.
I dare not mention Cry too much as it is simply beautiful! higher tempo and a bit more musical but still equally moving as the finished studio version.

On a peronal level, and I know that not many folk read this but I shall continue! - this is an artist in his embryonic stage and its beautiful, to see what James is now for me is a touch sad; this is when James had an abbundance of guitars and drums, keyboards and a strong sold voice. Something The Afterlove (what I have heard of it, is sadly lacking!) He managed to write these incredible tunes without the help of Ed Sheeran! - who would have thought that!

THE FIRST 2003 SAMPLER!

HERE IS THE LATEST ONE I HAVE GOT

Post #282393
Posted 28 March 2017 21:41

Supreme Being

Thats incredible ICollectJB that you have another rare piece for your amazing collection! It must feel so satisfying to actually be able to get something that you haven't got for your collection, as you have the largest and most near to complete collection ever known for sure!!!. Thank you for sharing and letting us see your latest addition. Oh and a little word in your ear hole!! . A lot of people do actually read this , it's just they are unable to comment for reasons known only to them
Post #282404
Posted 28 March 2017 21:50

Supreme Being

Muchos Gracias - I have a good historic collection of Blunt material; have thinned it out giving some to worthy people (person) but in the main it all adds up to a few boxes of things, still buying a few bits here and there!

hello to the others out there reading this! - sure James has moved on from these releases and old singles etc. doesn't mean we cannot still enjoy him from yers ago!. The future is no always the brightest!

Post #282405
Posted 01 May 2017 21:13

Supreme Being

So I thought I would take some quiet time to reflect and revert (take cover) back to this thread and pose a question to James fans and collectors.....

Has anyone seen any promo releases for the Afterlove? Not a thing from where I am looking! since the invent and reliance on the digital audio files it is these that seem to be sent around to radio stations I think now rather than the actual Promo CD's! - Even remixes of singles, would find their way on to a CD... the dance mixes to Dangerous, the different mixes of 1973 but not this album or any of the singles. Heck even the numbered promo versions of Moon Landing that were "Not to be sold" found their way on to Ebay!

Unless I am mistaken there is nothing promotional for The Afterlove!, do let me know if you have seen anything.
Post #283049
Posted 08 May 2017 16:26

Supreme Being

it's funny you should write about Afterlove Promos ICollectJB as I haven't been able to find any either! amazing that there literally is nothing anywhere for these! - crumbs it was easier to get Cher Lloyd Promo releases! damn you digital promos, the MP3 and other audio formats have killed collecting!
Post #283096
Posted 10 May 2017 20:43

Supreme Being

So, 2 days on.... here is what I have found out.

Nothing
Nada
Diddly Squat!

BUT if anything Promo is found for The Afterlove, then this is the place to post it!!

All welcome!
Post #283110
Posted 08 June 2017 21:35

Supreme Being

No-one collects JB Items anymore!!!!!!!!

is that true?

Answers on a postcard please to:

JBFORUM
Dead End Road
NowtButLinks
Dullness
WTF NE1

Post #283361
Posted 17 June 2017 12:40

Supreme Being

IGNORE THEM AND THEY WILL GO AWAY!! that is what we are told as children when there are nasty people around! I am not a nasty person though so there is no need to ignore!

I am gobsmacked if folk don't collect James Blunt things anymore, I thinned out my collection and sold things for a good price so I know there are collectors out there but maybe they no longer frequent the forum. Maybe some stopped using the forum when James got married and their dreams ended, or maybe the finances just aren't there anymore to partake in the wonderful hobby of collecting!.

Oh Well, I will keep trying!

DID YOU KNOW......

The CD Single of Love Love Love is a million times more rare then the Promo CD Single!?
Post #283460
Posted 17 June 2017 14:49

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 12:12
I actually have the Love Love Love single! Do you want it Simon? I've never played it and it's the only song of James' I don't like.
Post #283462
Posted 17 June 2017 15:54

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 December 2018 14:54
ICollectJB (08/06/2017)
No-one collects JB Items anymore!!!!!!!!

is that true?

It's true i can't sale much of my Blunt items on eBay. Maybe when the tour starts i may be able to sell more. Other artists items i have on sale, sell like hot cakes, but not Blunt items.
Post #283467
Prev Topic | Next Topic

All times are GMT, Time now is 8:29am